As we said before lots of companies are running specials. There are "Tune Ups", "Safety Checks", "Check-Ups", the list goes on and on. So what's the difference, is it just terminology? Not always. You should always read (even the fine print) or call and find out what is included. By doing this you will be able to weed out what is a marketing ploy and what is truely beneficial.
When having your heating checked, what really needs to be done? Different people will tell you different things. Carolina Heating & Air Design believes these are the basics:
- First, your system should be checked once a season! This is for optimal operation. Also, in the heating season, this will guarantee your safety. A check will make sure you do not have any carbon monoxide leaking, which as we all know is DEADLY! So, we always recommend having your heating checked pre-season.
- Check your heat exchanger and flue piping if applicable.
- Check and test all the parts. This will let you know if a part is bad, or just as important, if a part is getting weak or showing signs it is going bad.
- Check of gas leaks.
- Check electrical connections.
- Check airflow. Improper airflow is one of the largest contributor to premature failure or breakdown.
- Check your ductwork.
- Check your thermostat.
As we mentioned in the first item, the most important thing is to have ALL components of the heating and air conditioning system checked yearly. The most efficient way to have your system performing properly and efficiently is to sign up for a yearly maintenance agreement. Carolina Heating & Air Design offers a Preferred Customer Agreement (PCA) which gives you two visits per year, 15% discount, and priority scheduling. With the PCA, any adjusmtents that need to be made to obtain optimal efficiency is included. We will even clean the indoor coil during both the heating and cooling inspections. The agreement gives you in-depth cleaning, diagnostics, and effiency testing of your equipment.
Whatever your situation or budget, Carolina Heating & Air Design has a service for you!
Check out our service options on our website and call us today to schedule!